Board of Directors Protocol
The Vega Collegiate Academy Board of Directors follows regular practices to create transparent, two-way communication with the community. Below is a description of these practices.
- Meetings are generally held on the third Monday of each month at 6 pm.
- Board meetings follow this format: regular board meeting, annual retreat, or executive session.
- All Board meetings, except executive sessions, are open to the public.
- Individuals wishing to speak to the board have two options:
- Individuals wishing to address the Board of Directors on a specific agenda item are requested to reach out via email 24 hours in advance of the meeting by emailing Keith Shaffer at [email protected].
- Individuals wishing to address the Board of Directors on a non-agenda item during public comment are requested to sign up and will be provided an opportunity, limited to three minutes, at the beginning of the meeting, during "Opportunity for Audience." It is requested that individuals wishing to address the Board during this public comment period email Keith Shaffer at [email protected] by 4:30 pm the Sunday prior to the scheduled Monday meeting.
- The Executive Director will provide monthly reports to the Board including updated academic data as well as financial reports.
- Board meeting agendas and minutes are posted for public review.
- The Board also provides updates in publications on the Vega Collegiate Academy website throughout the year.
- Individuals may also contact Board members directly. Contact information is available on the Board Members page, found here.