In the first two years of operation, Vega was ranked #1 and #2 in the state, respectively, for math growth.
For too many students, demography determines destiny.
Vega Collegiate Academy is designed to create a vibrant, successful future for every child.
We are driven by an urgent mission.
- The opportunity gap is a major social justice issue of our time. We approach every school day with passion and urgency.
- Our students deserve a high quality education that will prepare them for life beyond college.
- We believe the best education integrates school, families, and the community.
- Our mission is accomplished by actively dismantling racism and discrimination at every level.
Great teaching leads to great outcomes.
- Great teaching is not easily or quickly mastered. We continually receive feedback, practice, and reflect to improve ourselves.
- Great teaching is not simply the transfer of content knowledge; it is teaching how to think deeply and critically engage in all content.
- Strong relationships and trauma-informed practices are the foundation for great teaching.
- Great teaching means ALL kids are achieving at their highest potential.
- Great teaching is supported through strong school-wide systems and operations.
- Excellent student outcomes are our collective responsibility.
- We strive to make our school a sustainable workplace for teacher fulfillment and longevity.
We grow and adapt as individuals within our community.
- We believe the strongest teams are composed of different perspectives, cultures, and experiences.
- We assume the best intentions of each other, students, and families.
- We value and respect vulnerability as a catalyst for growth. We are approachable.
- We proactively identify problems and embrace change that supports our mission.
- We practice accountability and action. We attack the problem, not the person.
- We listen to each other. We openly and directly communicate. We reflect together.
- We model emotional resilience for our students.
We find and create joy in our work.
- We enjoy spending time with kids. We laugh, celebrate, love, and grow together.
- We know and deeply care for the children we serve.
- We approach our work with optimism, positivity, and acceptance.
- The work is hard but worth it.